Florida offers unique challenges as we face the possibility of a hurricane striking our state. Flood damage or damage from rising water is not covered in your homeowners or business policies. In order to have this very important protection, you must carry Flood insurance.
So, what are some of the items Flood insurance could cover on your home?
- Your home and its foundation
- Electrical and plumbing
- HVAC equipment
- Kitchen equipment
- Permanently installed carpets over unfinished floor
- Detached garages (limited to 10% of your home policy value)
- Water Heater
- Debris removal
In addition, a flood policy may cover items like:
- Electronic equipment
- Window A/C units
- Portable Microwaves and dishwashers
- Freezer and Frozen foods
Claims on personal property are paid at Actual Cash Value.
What are some of the items not covered under a flood policy?
- Cash, precious metals & stock certificates
- Septic systems
- Hot tubs
- Swimming pools
Every person is unique – talk to us today to find out how to get the best value on flood insurance for you.